National Testing Agency (NTA) will prescribe the eligibility criteria for the NEET 2020. The eligibility will be given according to various aspects and you can go through the complete NEET 2020 Eligibility criteria which will have the details of Age, qualification, Nationality etc. This article is completely dedicated to go you the information regarding the eligibility for NEET 2020 only. So, go ahead and read the details.
- About NEET 2020
- NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- NEET-UG Eligibility 2020
About NEET 2020
NTA has released the notification for the NEET 2020 along with the application form. All the willing candidates for this National Eligibility cum Entrance Test can go through the complete notification especially the NEET eligibility criteria 2020 and if you are eligible according to the criteria given below you can apply for the test before the last date by paying the prescribed application fee. You can get the other details of notification like application fee, exam schedule, application process etc. from the other article of this website. Meanwhile, check the eligibility details of the previous year given below and make sure you meet the requirements as mostly there will be no change to the eligibility this year also.
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the NEET 2020 application form please go through this eligibility information and it is mandatory too. Candidates who fail to meet this criterion will get the application cancelled and are not eligible for the test. So, check the details in advance about NEET 2020 Eligibility.
NEET-UG Eligibility 2020
- Aspirants need to have passed the senior secondary exam or higher education or ISCE that is equivalent to 12th or 10+2 exam after 12 years of study.
- Candidates of General category has to get minimum of 50% marks, SC / ST candidates in the PCB group need to secure 40% of Marks and for PH candidates 45% of Marks.
- Applicants have to pass in the above mentioned qualifying exam with Physics, Biology / Biotechnology, Chemistry along with English subject is mandatory. (Note: Marks of Mathematics subject is considered for MBBS or BDS course admission)
- 12th standard appearing candidates can also apply for the NEET. But they need to show the pass certificates which compile with the percentage criteria during the 1st round of counselling.
Age Limit and Age Relaxation:
- The upper age limit is 25 year for the candidates as on date of exam.
- Aspirants should have completed 17 years of age during the admission or should be completed on or before the 31st of December of the admission year. This is the lower age limit that the candidates need to have.
- Applicants should be Indian citizen.
- NRIs (Non Resident Indians), PIOs (Persons of Indian Origin), OCIs (Oversees Citizen of India) candidates and Foreign Nationals can also apply.
- Applicants can appear for NEET exam only for 3 times.
- Citizens of India or having the nationality as Indian need not have Aadhaar card for applying for NEET 2020 exam and it is mandatory.
- NRI students can apply with Passport Number or Aadhar Number.
- PIO, Foreign Nationals and OCI candidates can apply through Passport Number.
- Candidates can even apply through ration card number, passport number, bank account number, election card, or any other valid Government ID number.
NEET Eligibility Criteria for 85% State Quota Seats
All those states of the country taking part in the NEET 2020 will have to fill the 85% of the MBBS / BDS course seats through the state counselling only. Remaining 15% of seats will be filled via All India Centralized counselling. Check the eligibility criteria for those 85% seats from here.
- Aspirants need to have completed or appearing in 10th and 12th standard exams in their respective state.
- Candidates need to have the proof of residence of their state.
- Applicants should have valid domicile of the state.
NEET Eligibility Criteria for 15% All India Quota Seats / Deemed Universities / Central Universities / ESIC and AFMC Colleges
NEET qualified candidates can apply for 15% All India Quota Seats, 100% of the seats in Central Universities, Deemed universities, ESIC and AFMC also.
For Candidates Belonging to UT of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh:
- Applicants who belong to UT of J&K and Ladakh are eligible for this 15% seats only for the AFMC, Pune admissions upon their self declaration.
- If they claim eligibility, they have to submit self-declaration in online which will be generated along with confirmation page and it has to be presented during counselling. Others can fill in any state or UT against this choice.
- Candidates need to be the Indian citizen or NRIs, OCIs, PIOs and Foreign Nationals.
This is all about the NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020 for various quota seats along with general eligibility. The eligibility details given here are just for your reference and if you want to know more details, you can verify the NEET notification 2020. Hope, you got the complete details on eligibility. Based on this, you need to apply for NEET 2020 exam. You can also go through the NEET Result 2020 details given in our website for your reference.
Candidates having queries regarding the eligibility criteria of NEET 2020 can comment below in the comment section. Press CTRL+D to bookmark this site or this page for reference in future.