Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will prescribe the eligibility criteria for the NEET 2018. The eligibility will be given according to various aspects and you can go through the complete NEET 2018 Eligibility criteria which will have the details of Age, qualification, Nationality etc. This article is completely dedicated to go you the information regarding the eligibility for NEET 2018 only. So, go ahead and read the details.
About NEET 2018
CBSE has released the notification for the NEET 2018 along with the application form. All the willing candidates for this National Eligibility cum Entrance Test can go through the complete notification especially the NEET eligibility criteria 2018 and if you are eligible according to the criteria given below you can apply for the test before the last date by paying the prescribed application fee. You can get the other details of notification like application fee, exam schedule, application process etc. from the other article of this website. Meanwhile, check the eligibility details of the previous year given below and make sure you meet the requirements as mostly there will be no change to the eligibility this year also.
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the NEET 2018 application form please go through this eligibility information and it is mandatory too. Candidates who fail to meet this criterion will get the application cancelled and are not eligible for the test. So, check the details in advance about NEET 2018 Eligibility.
NEET-UG Eligibility 2018
- Aspirants need to have passed the senior secondary exam or higher education or ISCE that is equivalent to 12th or 10+2 exam after 12 years of study.
- Candidates of General category has to get minimum of 50% marks, SC / ST / OBC candidates need to secure 40% of Marks, for GEN PH 45% of Marks and 40% of marks for SC OBC-PH / ST all taken together in the subjects of PCB.
- Applicants have to pass in the above mentioned qualifying exam with Physics, Biology / Biotechnology, Chemistry and Mathematics or other elective subjects along with English subject. (Note: Marks of Mathematics subject is considered for MBBS or BDS course admission)
- 12th standard appearing candidates can also apply for the NEET. But they need to show the pass certificates which compile with the percentage criteria during the 1st round of counselling.
|UR (Unreserved Category)||Born on or in between 8th May 1993 and 1st January 2002|
|OBC / SC / ST Category||Born on or in between 8th May 1988 and 1st January 2002|
Age Limit and Age Relaxation:
- The upper age limit for the candidates is 25 years as on examination date.
- Aspirants should have completed 17 years of age during the admission or should be completed on or before the 31st of December 2018. This is the lower age limit that the candidates need to have.
- 5 years of Age relaxation is applicable for the candidates belonging to OBC / SC / ST category.
- Applicants should be Indian citizen.
- NRIs (Non Resident Indians), PIOs (Persons of Indian Origin), OCIs (Oversees Citizen of India) candidates and Foreign Nationals can also apply.
- Applicants can appear for NEET exam only for 3 times.
- Citizens of India or having the nationality as Indian need to have Aadhaar card for applying for NEET 2018 exam and it is mandatory.
NEET Eligibility Criteria for 85% State Quota Seats
All those states of the country taking part in the NEET 2018 will have to fill the 85% of the MBBS / BDS course seats through the state counselling only. Remaining 15% of seats will be filled via All India Centralized counselling. Check the eligibility criteria for those 85% seats from here.
- Aspirants need to have completed or appearing in 10th and 12th standard exams in their respective state.
- Candidates need to have the proof of residence of their state.
- Applicants should have valid domicile of the state.
NEET Eligibility Criteria for 15% All India Quota Seats
For Candidates Belonging to Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir States:
- Applicants who belong to AP, Telangana and J&K are eligible for this 15% seats only for the AFMC, Pune admissions upon their self declaration.
- Candidates belonging to AP, J&K and Telangana can participate in NEET for getting admission in to any Private / Deemed University or Private Dental / Medical Colleges and Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.
- Candidates need to be the Indian citizen or NRIs, OCIs, PIOs and Foreign Nationals.
NEET Eligibility for Seats in Participating Institutions / Universities
Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Jamia Hamdard University, Banaras Hindu University (BHU) and University of Delhi are the participating bodies of NEET 2018 exam.
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) can also appear for the exam subjected to the Indian government rules.
- The upper age limit of the participants is considered according to the rules of states / institutions / universities those seeking admission under the control of states / universities / institutions.
This is all about the NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018 for various quota seats along with general eligibility. The eligibility details given here are just for your reference and if you want to know more details, you can verify the NEET notification 2018. Hope, you got the complete details on eligibility. Based on this, you need to apply for NEET 2018 exam. You can also go through the NEET Result 2018 details given in our website for your reference.
Candidates having queries regarding the eligibility criteria of NEET 2018 can comment below in the comment section. Press CTRL+D to bookmark this site or this page for reference in future.